Hopewell Chin’ono named in the top 11 change-making Africans you need to know about
Hopewell Chin’ono named in the top 11 change-making Africans you need to know about. Chin’ono is a renowned documentary and filmmaker who has been at the forefront in exposing corruption and advocating for political reforms in Zimbabwe.
Zimbabwean journalist and filmmaker Hopewell Chin’ono has being named as one of eleven (11) change-making Africans that the world must know about by Global Citizen’s Africa team. The Global Citizen said on their website:
For Africa Day 2021, we asked the Global Citizen Africa team to nominate influential Africans who are pushing Africa to greater heights, that they think everyone should know about — they would know as it’s literally their job to recognise these incredible people under Global Citizen’s mission to end extreme poverty in the world.
Here are the eleven Global Citizen’s change-making Africans are:
- Wangari Maathai (Kenya) – Nominated by Chebet Chikumbu, Regional Director
- Babagana Zulum (Nigeria) – Nominated by Maimuna Maibe, Country Director
- Aya Chebbi (Tunisia) & Hopewell Chin’ono (Zimbabwe) – Nominated by Mwandwe Chileshe, Senior Manager: Food Security, Nutrition & Agriculture
- Aramide Akintimehin (Nigeria) – Nominated by Fifemayo Aiyesimoju, Marketing Manager
- Olufunto Boroffice (Nigeria) & Onyeka Akumah (Nigeria) – Nominated by Olaoluwa Adegun, Senior Manager: Digital Campaigns
- Koketso Moeti (South Africa) – Nominated by Thato Noinyane, Senior Manager: Digital Campaigns
- Candice Chirwa (South Africa) & Lesego Tlhabi (South Africa) – Nominated by Khanyi Mlaba, Writer & Editor
- Odunayo Eweniyi (Nigeria) – Nominated by Akindare Okunola, Editorial & Communications Lead
Source – Pindula News